Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

An 18 yo friend of my daughter lives with us in Virginia, her family moved to texas. We want to be able to help her better afford college, here in Virginia. Can custody or anything be transferred to us

Asked on 8/04/16, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bradley Ratliff The Ratliff Law Firm

At minimum, you need a child entrustment agreement. This will provide evidence that the child is voluntarily in your care. The parents can certainly voluntarily give up custody to you if they so desire. This must be done in the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. It is a big step, but one that allows the most opportunity to assist the child.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/16, 1:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia