Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

appealing a civil case

a family member from another state has petitioned for custody of my kids. if (heaven forbid) the judge gives them custody, and i appeal, do the kids stay with me until the next court hears the case?

Asked on 3/18/09, 1:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Re: appealing a civil case

Yes, your timely (as well as perfected) appeal would stay the lower court's order.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/09, 5:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia