Legal Question in Family Law in Virginia

I've been separated from my wife for just shy of two years now. In August of 2013 we went to court for custody of our two children, and I was awarded primary physical custody. Since then she has changed jobs and moved at least once that I know of. She hasn't notified the court, or me, of her moves (and has point blank refused to answer me when I've asked her if she has moved; I found out through a third party) which is a violation of our custody order. Furthermore, my current attorney is attempting to have her served divorce papers due to her refusal to sign a PSA to move forward with the more speedy divorce, and her refusal to provide an address has made this difficult and time consuming. I'm wondering if there's anything that can be done to force her to deal with the divorce, and also wondering what would be gained by filing a show cause with the court in regards to her change of address, if anything? Frankly I've become a bit disenchanted with my attorney because I feel that he's frustrated in trying to deal with her and isn't being very responsive to me and isn't answering the questions I have, which are plentiful. I'd love to hear from an attorney who is familiar with civil/family law who could provide some insight and get me pointed in the right direction.

Asked on 10/27/13, 5:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

I would recommend filing a Rule to Show cause against her, listing

as many violations of your current custody order as may be legally credible facts.

Read more
Answered on 10/27/13, 9:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Virginia