Legal Question in Medical Leave in Virginia

This is my 20th year teaching in the state of Virginia. Last summer, I moved to a different county to be closer to my ailing mother. Now that her dementia is setting in, her doctor has suggested that I move home to become a full-time caregiver for her. I have read conflicting statements about whether or not I am eligible. On one site, it says that I would have had to have worked for my present employer for at least 12 months. On another site, it says that I am eligible as long as I am employed by the Commonwealth of Virginia. This may sound like dumb question, but I figured I was employed by the Commonwealth. My ultimate question is if I am eligible.

Asked on 2/12/16, 11:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Eligible for what, i.e., benefits under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or, perhaps, benefits

under some other program limited only to employees of the Commonwealth?

Read more
Answered on 2/13/16, 11:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in Virginia