Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Virginia

In Va., if I lose a law suit for pain and suffering due to an auto accident can I lose my home?

Asked on 9/17/17, 8:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Assuming you're the plaintiff in such a case, if you were to lose such a case

at trial, the answer would be that you would not lose your home nor have other

damages awarded by the court against you in the form of a judgment.

However, if you were the defendant in such a case, i.e., a plaintiff suing you for

damages characterized as "pain and suffering arising out of an auto accident for which you were responsible, then all of your significant assets including your home could possibly be subject to the enforcement oif any judgment awarded against you and in favor of such a plaintiff.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/17, 10:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Virginia