Legal Question in Immigration Law in Virginia

married with b1/b2 visa didnt plan this to happened cos i have a job and children in my country.would be going back home to continue my work and plan on returning back to stay with my husband and officially ask for vilide documents that would make me an immegrant and would allow me visit my children whom we agreed to allow continue their education where they are except for my son of 6 years whom we would like to move with me even though we are here on a viist but i got married as i found the man of my dreams

Asked on 4/14/13, 10:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

In order to get a "greencard", or even a non-immigrant visa, you would have to qualify for very specific categories of eligibility.

If your husband is a U.S. citizen, then he can petition you for a "greencard".

I highly recommend that you seek an in-person consultation with an experienced Immigration Attorney in your area.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/13, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Virginia