Legal Question in Immigration Law in Virginia

I am working using F-1 student visa with Optional Practical Training (OPT). I extended my OPT since I was a STEM major, and my OPT STEM Extension will last until October 2014. I recently found a new job in Virginia, with a non E-Verify employer. However since OPT STEM Extension requires me to work for E-Verify employer, I cannot work for them now. My new company has agreed to sponsor me H1-B visa this April 1st, but they are not willing to participate in E-Verify program. Is there any alternative for me to work for my new non E-Verify employer until the H1-B visa starts on October 1st?

Asked on 3/19/14, 7:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

No, (in my opinion) not unless you want to risk being the subject of removal proceedings.

Read more
Answered on 3/23/14, 8:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Virginia