Legal Question in Mediation in Virginia

I hired a moving company broker. The moving company I was provided has picked up my household goods. Tomorrow is my scheduled delivery and I have no bill. I have tried many times to get a official weight ticket. I have only a verbal weight.

Also the rate I am to be charged per pound is unclear. I have a signed contract with the broker about this but the moving company acts like they have no contract.

My fear is the moving company will show up and try to charge what they want. Is my contract valid? If I don't agree to the charges is it best to refuse my stuff or pay under clear dispute and try to get a refund? Right now I am being avoided by the broker and the carrier. I don't think my stuff is comming tomorrow.

Please help,

Brett Gauthier

Asked on 8/10/09, 4:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Pay under disputed terms (in order to get your stuff); then demand refund of verifiable overcharges, and, if refused, then sue in small claims court for your damages (overcharges).

Read more
Answered on 8/16/09, 12:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Virginia