Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

I am buying out my brother's interest in a house we own together by filing a quit-claim deed. However, he won't sign it until the money has been deposited into a joint account we set up for the property. SHould I do this?

Asked on 9/04/13, 2:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

If the concern is that you don't want to give him the money until he signs a valid deed, and he doesn't want to sign the deed without the money, then you need an escrow agent to receive both the money and deed. A lawyer can do this for you, and also provide valuable assistance with regard to making sure title is good and that the deed is in proper form to convey good title.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/13, 5:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia