Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Virginia

I was suppose to marry and we are not longer together. There is property at the resident where he resides and where I stayed when I was in Roanoke VA and I had the cable in my name. I requested to have the things I purchased returned but still have not received and the items total more than $5000 in property. What can I do to get the things I purchased in the home.

Asked on 5/20/20, 1:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

If your once intended continues in his refusal to allow what you claim is your property to be

returned to you, you could file what's called a Warrant in Detinue with the clerk's office

of the Roanoke General District Court and request (assuming that you have credible proof

to support your claim) that the court order your items returned to you or, if such

is not possible, in the alternative, enter a judgment against this defendant for their fair market value..

Office Tel. (703) 346-3542

Read more
Answered on 5/21/20, 8:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Virginia