Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Virginia

I received 24 savings bonds as part of my mothers estate. My brother has not turned them over and is avoiding my requests. The bonds have my name on them. How do I get them

Asked on 5/15/13, 7:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Hendrickson Law Office Michael E. Hendrickson

Go to the clerk's office (civil division) of your local general

district court and request to file what's called a warrant in

detinue against your brother for the return of your personal

property (the savings bonds).

Read more
Answered on 5/17/13, 6:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Virginia