Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Washington

my mother changed my first name illegaly when i was a child. she enrolled me in school and got my social security number in another name other than what is on my birth certificate. now since i lived as that name i am unable to get a drivers license and my passport was revoked when i tried to renew it. there are other problems i am having because of this. anything that requires my birth certificate and soc sec# at the same time. she refuses to help me resolve this. in fact she told me to sue her. can i file charges against her? i wasnt really kidnapped but name napped rather and it has caused me many problems.

Asked on 9/17/12, 11:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Baner Baner & Baner

Odd - the birth certificate has a SSN on it?

Read more
Answered on 9/19/12, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Washington