Legal Question in Criminal Law in Washington

I want to become a pharmacy technician. I was told that the best way to do so would be on site training at places like Walgreens, etc. However, I have a criminal record. In april 2012, I was arrested for driving under the influence of marijuana, my charge was "No-Test Drug DUI". I was later arrested on April 2013 for driving on a restricted licence, arresting charges were "Driving on a restricted licence & VUCSA (Violation Under the Controlled Substance Act) for possession". I was released and told by the King County jail that I was not being charged, however, the arresting charges can still be viewed on the King County website.

I live in King County, Washington. Will my VUCSA arrest show up in a pre-employment background check? Will those disqualify me from employment given the nature of the offense? How long will it take for those to drop off my record?

Asked on 9/09/13, 5:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

They will never 'drop' off your record, but you will be eligible to make a court motion to vacate them once enough time has passed. Search for a lawyer who practices in that court, who can tell you how long you have to wait and what you have to do. I can't tell from your email what conviction appears on your record, and that is the issue.

On the drug arrest, if no charges were ever filed (and they might still be), then there is a way to petition the WSP to erase "non-conviction data". That could possibly clear the arrest off your history.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 10:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Washington