Legal Question in DUI Law in Washington

I got a dui a few years ago and i guess at first i didnt take it as seriously as i should have i payed a little on my fines and i did a few days of work crew i took a drug and alcohol assment. I didnt do my dui victims panel & i didnt finish work crew and now i have a warrent. Im now waiting for a court date to quash my just wondering if theres anything u would suggest i do before i see the judge

Asked on 1/26/13, 3:14 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Christopher Steuart IT Forensics, Inc.

I'd say schedule the DUI victims panel and pay for it, if there is still money due on the fines, make as large of a payment as you can, and do it before the date you plan to ask the court to quash the warrant. It will give you a better position to ask the court to quash the warrant and let you get back on work crew (then do it). How these matters go, varies from by city or county that the matter is in, so I can't tell you how the judge is going to respond (i.e. they don't have to quash the warrant, worst case you could be taken into custody pending a review hearing). You may also want to visit with a bail-bond agent and have an arrangement for bail, as the judge may set bail. You very much should consider consulting with an attorney familiar with local procedure who may be able to advise you on probable outcomes.

Read more
Answered on 1/26/13, 5:04 pm
Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

I agree, the more you have done before you see the judge, the better. If you have a VIP or treatment or anything like that scheduled, bring any paperwork with you that you have.

Also, I agree you are better off having a lawyer with you. In most situations, you should be able to call the original lawyer who represented you and have that person appear with you. Otherwise, hire someone else. It may cost some money, but probably cheaper than bail.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/13, 12:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Washington