Legal Question in DUI Law in Washington

I was sentanced to a 45 to 135 days in jail and they still won't let me in because they have no room. Are there any laws that pertain to how long they can make you wait to fulfill your sentance? My life is on hold I can't work and I had my daughter go live with her grandmother so I could do this...yet here I home.

Asked on 2/04/13, 1:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stan Glisson Glisson & Morris

As frustrating as it is, this is not uncommon.

Where I practice, the only fix is through the court. You have your lawyer put you on a calendar to see a judge. In court, ask the judge to have you taken in to serve the sentence right then.

The jail may turn you away when you walk up, but they won't turn you away if you are taken in by a judge in court.

At least, that works here. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/13, 3:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Washington