Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

Child Moves away from Dad

My Girlfriend had a child with her ex boyfriend but now she wants to move to Texas from Washington to live with me. She says that if she did come to texas that she wouldn't be able to bring her child with her. IS that true? and if it is, is there a way we can go througth the court so that she can move down here with her child? She's able to live on her own, and she's 18 years old.

Asked on 2/04/08, 11:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Johm Smith tom's

Re: Child Moves away from Dad

It sounds like she may not have legal custody of the child. With her being 18, she might be able to change that by going to court. Good luck. We have a member in WA.

Read more
Answered on 2/05/08, 5:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington