Legal Question in Family Law in Washington

Does child support continue after the age of 18? The decree is from Washington state.

Asked on 6/27/13, 1:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amir John Showrai The Pacific Law Firm, PLLC

Yes, it can. For children who are dependent (such as adult disabled children), you may be required to pay for their special needs well past 18.

More commonly, for kids going to college or trade school, courts often award "post-secondary" support for education, but it does not necessarily go to the other parent. It can go directly to the school or landlord or the child themselves.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 1:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Washington