Legal Question in Personal Injury in Washington

Dog came onto my property and killed my puppy

this morning, the neighbors putbull came up to my door step and attacked my 10 week old puppy, is there legal action I can take, not so much to cover the cost of the puppy as much the grief of the loss, we got this puppy to ease the pain of loosing our daughter, and the pain is all most too much right now. We have a 2 and a half year old daughter that is endangered every day that dog lives..

Asked on 9/27/08, 2:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sam Hochberg Sam Hochberg & Associates

Re: Dog came onto my property and killed my puppy

As a first step, you should contact your local animal control officers.

There is a lawyer in Oregon who is a recognized expert nationally on the legal issues you raise. He may or may not be able to assist you in Washington, but he may at least be able to refer you to a lawyer with similar expertise in your area.

The Oregon lawyer is Geordie Duckler, in Portland, and you can locate his contact info on the Oregon State Bar's website. His website is Good luck, and my condolences on the loss of your puppy.

-- Sam

Read more
Answered on 9/27/08, 8:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Washington