Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Washington

Forclosure on my home

If I have lost my home due to my inability to make payments (laid off from work, all funds exhausted), do I still owe money on it once I get back on my feet?

If I become married, does my new spouse's income factor into my ability to make those ''lost'' house payments and does it put her in jeopardy of any kind (she owns her own home)?


Asked on 5/14/04, 11:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Horvat Barg Horvat PC

Re: Forclosure on my home

No. In Oregon a lender may not get a deficiency judgment once it has foreclosed a residential deed of trust.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/04, 1:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Washington