Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

My friend died in Washington. No wife or children. He owned a home. A will cannot be located by his tenant. It may not have ever been written. He has two sisters including n Virginia and by choice was estranged from one of them for over ten years. He spoke often that he did not want her to have any benefit from his estate if he died. The sister who was close with him is following his spoken wishes to have his body buried in Pennsylvania. She is the one who will need to get his estate in order to be able to sell the house. He always said that he wanted his estate to go to her. She has very limited funds to travel to Washington with Attorneys. Needs advice of how to proceed with no will.

Asked on 11/23/16, 2:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

She needs to find a lawyer, preferably in the city (or county) where he lived when he died.

It is a relatively simple process and the lawyer can help with a will search, to see if a will can be located.

I've been helping people with probate matters since 1975, if your friend lived in Skagit or Snohomish county.

Read more
Answered on 11/23/16, 3:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington