Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

My parents have a will and we would like to change the executor of their will. My father has Alzhemers And is declining in health. My sister and I would like to help change the executor to a family member. My mom has some dementia and I am acting as their power of attorney. Are there any problems with making this change with their health issues?

Asked on 7/23/12, 7:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

The mental competency issues cause concern and probably will invalidate changes that your parents initiate. If everyone but your parents agree, there may be work-a-rounds that can successfully address your concerns without your parents having to make them. More information about your parents' existing estate plans, the needed changes and the cooperation expected from the heirs and beneficiaries is needed to propose solutions.

Read more
Answered on 7/24/12, 4:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington