Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Washington

Just wondering what my rights are to my fathers estate. My sister and I are both beneficiaries but she was executor and she put the house in her name. It's been almost 3 years and it doesn't seem like she is ever going to sell or pay me off.

Asked on 11/01/13, 9:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Cruikshank Cruikshank Law Office-Since 1975

If she won't agree, in writing signed by her, to give you a complete inventory and appraisal of the assets of the estate at the time of your father's death and provide you with a firm date for closing and distribution of the estate, you have little choice but to get a lawyer and take her to court. If the breaches of her fiduciary duties are proven as you state them, the court will not hesitate to require her to pay your costs and attorney fees.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/13, 9:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Washington