Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Wisconsin

I had carpal tunnel surgery on July 8th on july 9th I spent 3 hours in the ER getting IV antibiotics because of infection/blood poisoning. They had me come back on the 10th also. I went back to see the doc on the 11th and he said things looked better. In september I started getting some numbness back and my thumb refused to work properly..the pain increased so I went back to the surgeon who sent me to physicla therapy for 4 weeks, which did nothing, he then sent me for another EMG and yes, the carpal tunnel is still there and I need tohave surgery again.. Is there anything I can do to get them to pay for the additional time off of work that I will need to take?

Asked on 11/03/11, 12:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael End End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC

The Wisconsin statute of limitations is three years, meaning you will have to file a case within three years of the date of injury if you want to pursue your case.

The only way you can recover any compensation will be if your lawyer can prove that your surgeon was negligent. That requires getting all of your records and imaging and then having your lawyer obtain an opinion from a surgeon who performs carpal tunnel surgery. There will have to be some evidence that your surgeon's care of you fell below the standard of care of a reasonable surgeon performing a carpal tunnel release.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/11, 1:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Wisconsin