Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Wisconsin

my wife is getting a retirement from Culinary Union with a large lump sum and a small monthly payment ,at this time she is on state of Wisconsin welfare only collecting heath care and food stamp can the state take her lump sum for her medical.

Asked on 11/05/15, 5:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

What is your question? My guess is that the lump sum will disqualify her from both Badgercare and Food Stamps. If you are considering bankruptcy, make sure that your attorney knows about this distribution so as to properly select an exemption for it. Failure to do that could cause you to lose both the pension and your discharge, together with potential bankruptcy fraud criminal charges.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at. View over fifteen years of past answers at See 15 years of past answers at . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials.

Read more
Answered on 11/05/15, 7:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Wisconsin