Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Wisconsin

My sister and I are trying to get my deceased brothers (was florida resident) name off a deed (tenants in common) in Wisconsin. Can we use a lawyer in WI. or do we have to contact a lawyer in FL.

Asked on 1/11/18, 6:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Real estate litigation usually needs to occur in the county where the real estate is located. However, if an estate also needs to be probated in FLA, you might need both; that is, a probate in FLA as well as an ancillary proceeding in WI to clear the local title. Unfortunately, the cost of a probate proceeding in FLA might prove to excessive, so you should see if your WI lawyer can find a way around it.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else's, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others. Answering this question does not make me your attorney or entitle your information to attorney/client privilege, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO , or see over fifteen years of past answers at . See 15 years of past answers at Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and may, along with questions, be used in attorney advertising materials. All answers and questions on public websites are public documents which do not enjoy attorney client privilege.

Read more
Answered on 1/12/18, 7:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Wisconsin