Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

over 250,000 in inheritance money was stolen from me by aunts and uncles who faked my death at the time of my fathers death.

Asked on 5/21/18, 10:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

I am very sorry to hear that you were the victim of a theft, as well as for the loss of your father. How can we assist, other than to recommend that you retain counsel as soon as possible? If this was not reported to the authorities, that should clearly be done at the earliest possible opportunity, but that alone will probably not be enough. You might start with the County Sheriff in the same county where the probate case was heard.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney or entitle your information to attorney/client privilege, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO , or see over fifteen years of past answers at . See 15 years of past answers at Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and may, along with questions, be used in attorney advertising materials. All answers and questions on public websites are public documents which do not enjoy attorney client privilege.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/18, 7:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin