Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

I am a per rep for my mothers estate. The court has approved informal probate. All property has been sold and the cash is sitting in the estate account. There was a will so can I do a partial distribute of funds to the heirs while we are waiting for a few final minor items to be invoiced?

Asked on 9/11/17, 10:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Local practices vary but many counties will allow partial distribution according to the same percentages as the final distribution, before the final order. Discuss this with your registrar in Probate, or better yet, hire an attorney to finish the estate.

Answering this question does not make me your attorney, but you can post comments here for clarifications, etc. You can also see my past answers to similar questions on Law Guru at View other past answers at Answers may contain attorney advertising materials.

Read more
Answered on 9/13/17, 4:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin