Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

Can my mother change my parents' will BEFORE my father is dead

Asked on 4/04/17, 4:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Yes, if she can convince him to execute a new will and he still has the testamentary capacity to understand what he is signing, he can change is own will, with her assistance. More commonly, however, people transfer property while they are still alive in order to spare the kids from enduring a probate process which is expensive and slow. Any experienced estate planning attorney will be happy to help you with accomplishing such transfers, through various different legal techniques. If there is a question about testamentary capacity or undue influence of anyone who has made a will change, it is also sometimes possible to challenge such wills in court.

This answer is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer just because I answered it on a public website. Feel free to view my past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at and . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and both questions and answers may be may also be used in attorney advertising. .

Read more
Answered on 4/04/17, 5:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin