Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Wisconsin

Wisconsin. Father has all his assets (investments, bank accounts, real estate) in a Trust Fund. Upon his death, nearing, what steps do I take as the executor?

Asked on 3/16/17, 8:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

JAY Nixon nixon law offices

Get a lawyer to review the trust now, while changes can still be made (assuming that you dad is still competent to sign legal documents). With proper planning, nothing needs to change or be done after he passes. With bad planning, however, you could find yourself in a probate process with expenses exceeding the value of the assets, in order to retitle them into the name of the heirs. You say nothing about the details of the trust, so I cannot offer any other suggestions without knowing those, since every trust is unique.

Answers are not legal advice, so confirm any suggestions with your own lawyer before acting upon them. You can also see past answers to similar questions on AVVO at . Also see 15 years of past answers at and . Answers may contain attorney advertising materials and both questions and answers may be may also be used in attorney advertising. See also

Read more
Answered on 3/25/17, 8:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Wisconsin