Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

I won my work comp case and have been receiving weekly payments since september 2009. I receive a check through the mail and every week there is some sort of delay. The question is can i request the insurance company send me a debit card or have them direct deposit my money or request a lump sum payment.

Asked on 2/02/10, 10:41 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Terrence Valko
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can be paid in the manner in which you received regular paychecks under Section 308. You cannot get a debit card from them. Direct Deposit is not a frequent practice but it should be.

Counsel would be happy to formulate a lump sum settlement request and initiate discussions with the Carrier.

Good Luck.


Read more
Answered on 2/07/10, 1:54 pm
Richard Senker Senker Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. Some comp companies will "break your shoes" and always be late. You can file a penalty petition, but it's lots of trouble for not much gain.You need to be strong to out-last them. Your only alternative is to try to settle. Call if you want to discuss.

Richard Senker 610 279-1600.

Read more
Answered on 2/07/10, 7:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now