Legal Question in Family Law in Texas

I am an active duty Soldier stationed in Lubbock, Tx. My spouse lives in North Florida. Can I file for divorce here in Texas while she is living in florida?

Asked on 7/31/12, 12:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Daley Power Daley PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, but you will have to get her served in FL. You will be able to get divorced and decide child issues. You will not be able to divide up property unless you can get her served during a visit in TX.

Read more
Answered on 7/31/12, 12:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now