Ohio  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/18/12, 9:04 am

I live in the state of Ohio. I am currently in a divorce proceeding going on 20 months. I had to relieve my counsel due to unethical acts on their part. (communications with parties I was not aware of seeking things not in my best interest as well as an inability to reconcile funds in a trust)

My husband and his attorney are pushing me to accept a settlement of close to nothing, and I have refused.

My husbands attorney went to the judge exparte, and got my support stopped. I do not see any grounds for it to be stopped, it is sort of thrown in as the last sentence in a motion. I was not notified by the courts or his attorney that this was filed.

I went to see the judge yesterday to file my own exparte motion to get it reinstated. He refused to see me.

I am confused how my husbands attorney can do this...

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search