Legal Question in Banking Law in India

Subject: Unable to pay a loan amount.

The case is taken up by the Lok Adalat, Hyderabad. I received a notice to present in court on a date and I failed to do so due to health problem. The bank person who lend money is threatening me that an arrest warrant will be issued on me because i didn't attend to court. Is it true that lok adalat issues arrest warrant if I fail to attend the court on called date? or they give some more chances to attend and then issue warrant if I didn't attend. Please help me. I've got very panic.

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

22.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Lok Adalats have been empowered to issue arrest warrants for convicts of offences. You will have to remain present in the Court, present your case and attend hearings till the case is decided and judgement order passed. You should submit a letter citing the legal notice reference requesting leave of absence on health grounds, and assure the Court that you will remain present at the next hearing in the Court. Settling the money loaned by the bank to you and closing the case is a better option.

Regards,

J. Radhakrishnan independent Practice

Lok adalat cannot issue any arrest warrant in cases for recovery of loans. However in your own interest you attend the next hearing if there is one to submit your request regarding the loan.

More Banking Law questions and answers in India

Banking Law Legal Forms