I joined a international bpo in gurgaon on 1st march and left it on 30th april without serving notice period . now i've received a legal notice from some advocate on behalf of the company asking for the recovery amount . and threaten to file a criminal and civil case against me if i fail to do so .
i want to ask
1.is there any other way i can avoid giving the amount ?
2. if no then can i negotiate the amount to be payed ?
3. if negotiation is possible them whom should i negotiate with ? the advocate who sent me the legal notice ? or the HR of that company ?
and what can happen if they file a civil case against me ?
and can a company really file a case for such amount ?
p.s - the amount that i need to pay is 9000 rs.
2 Answers from Attorneys
kindly send us the legal notice and we would give appropriate ans to the same and if need be sue the company for defamation and mental harassment.
Dear Sir / Madam,
You ought to have served the prescribed notice period as mentioned in your letter of Appointment.
1. If you have still not taken another job yet, you can request the Company that you are willing to serve the notice period of 30 days in the Company.
2. You will need to pay them the basic salary for the notice period tenure you did not serve.
3. You should negotiate with the HR Department of the Company and nobody else.
Related Questions & Answers
Soumya had read an advertisement in the newspaper regarding Hooty Motors which asked... Asked 10/10/13, 4:07 pm in India Business Law
Amit contracts to deliver 20 bags of wheat at Rs 400 a bag on a future date to flour... Asked 10/10/13, 4:04 pm in India Business Law
How can i get SAIL(steel authority of india)'s agency or distributorship ? Asked 10/08/13, 9:19 pm in India Business Law
Hi I am doing Job in pvt company and looking forward to float my own company.... Asked 10/08/13, 4:57 am in India Business Law
I want to start a distribution network of processed food like indian thali, chinese,... Asked 10/08/13, 3:48 am in India Business Law