India  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/29/13, 4:49 am

How can I correct the survey number wrongly mentioned in the sale deed ?

1. That "A" possess a piece of land under survey No: x & y

2.That "A" sold 2 cents of land to "B" adjacent to 10 cents of land already in possession of "B"

3.That the intention of "A" was to give 2 cents of land to "B" from aforesaid survey No."x".Therefore the locations of the land sold was also written accordingly.

4.That while writing the Deed unintentionally instead of survey No."X",survey No."Y" is wrongly written on the Sale Deed.

5.That both the parties were not aware of the mistake at that time.

6.That "Pokuvarav"(transfer of land in the name of purchaser) of the land was also done by the purchaser. Now the purchaser has 12 cents of land as a single plot.

7.That later on "B" the aforesaid purchaser sold 12 cents of land to "C" who sold the same to "D".

8.That from "D", the aforesaid "B" again purchased the land.

9.That after few selling and purchasing as stated herein above, the above survey number mistake now revealed.

Under the circumstances I solicit your opinion as to how this mistake can be corrected and who is responsible to approach the concerned authorities i.e "A" or "B" taking into consideration of above selling and purchasing.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search