India  |  Construction Law

hi,

My question is abt rules, procedure for widening of roads. We had a decent 5m tarred road and 7.5m from wall of houses. Now when the road was planned for a re tarring, it was lifted up almost a one mtr. So we now face huge drainage problems, and we have demanded small drainage(small canals), which needs to built on both sides of road. It was decided only on one side of road, but due to peoples needs , Suddenly matter went to collector, MLA and he approved need of both the canals, provided there is 8m width from wall to wall.

Now the officials measured the 8m on an absurd basis, and we need to break down our walls completely. Also we dont have this survey stone on each cornor of land. It lies kinda of one stone for a land. So its kinda alternate stones for each side of road.

Infact the survey stone lies outside our wall. But when the 8m concept comes, as per the current measurement we have to suffer this loss. The measurement as i believe should be equal distances from the existing centre of road.

I hope i have a vague idea how it situation is.

Please advise me how to crack this situation. Also pls advice me on the rules regulations regarding this widening.