Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

One of my aunt have two indian passports one from delhi (which is her orginial place of residence)which was dated 1999-2009, and another one from Punjab (where she got misleading id's and address) Dated 2005 to 2015. She applied for visa from both the passports but fails to get.

Now she wants to get rid of passport (which was issued from delhi) so as to not to get in trouble under section 12 1 b. What is the best way to do so ?

Asked on 10/22/13, 4:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She will also be liable for 471 IPC and other criminal offences. To know us better, please click on the links below:

You may drop in a detailed query at [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 9:47 pm
KarVai +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions(
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In this situation the passport issued by Delhi office needs to be surrendered process is not simple as both pass being used simultaneously. your aunt may have to seek Delhi high court orders for appropriate relief.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 11:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now