Legal Question in Family Law in India

My friend marriage time is appx 1.5 years and they have not child yet and my friend came to know that his wife is affair with another person so that he leave his wife at her father house and my friend has decided for divorce but after five to six month her father is demand for money for divorce and my friend is not able to give demanded money.

Actually in this case my friend wife is fraud although how can my friend suffer.


Asked on 5/14/13, 9:58 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Mukesh Ralhan RALHANS - Immigration & Overseas Affairs Law Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Client,

Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, describes the following grounds of divorce as under:



■Mental disorder/Unsound Mind


■Venereal disease

■Renounced the World

■Not heard alive for seven years

■Judicial Separation

■No Resumption of Co-habitation

Initially, you should try for divorce by mutual consent and in case that is not possible then you have to file petition for divorce. In case you would like to avoid litigation, people go for out of court settlement as well depending upon mutually acceptable conditions.

Please feel free to contact me through LawGuru for any clarification.

Best Regards,


Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 10:38 pm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client tell yr friend to file divorce on the ground of adultery against her. he can also file separate case of adultery against his wife and her boyfriend. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 12:44 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Find out evidence of adultery, and seek divorce on that ground.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 6:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now