Legal Question in Family Law in India

I did my marriage as per arya samaj vidhi on feb 2013. Now me and my husband want to get seperate. How we can do the same? What documents would be required? Would we need to appoint advocate and go through divorce procedure? My marriage is not registered with registrar of marriage.

Asked on 9/19/13, 10:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client u cannot ask divorce before completion of one year of the marriage. after one year u both can apply for mutual divorce through common lawyer and registration of marriage is not necessary to ask divorce. yr marriage photos establish yr marriage in the court. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 9/19/13, 10:36 am
Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may need a formal decree of divorce passed by the court of competent jurisdiction. It may be better to engage a lawyer who should decide next course of action, including annulment of marriage on the grounds available under law.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 11:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now