Legal Question in Family Law in India

Mine was a arranged marriage and the wedding was done in temple with relatives and friends but the marriage is not yet registered.My husband is a NRI and he is living abroad and i am living in India.As we both did not know each other well before marriage and after marriage he shows no interest in me and also our marriage is not consummated and also we never lived together and he does not take me abroad.The truth is he was never cruel with me or asked for any dowry only he just ignored me and not interested in the marriage.My family spoke to lawyer and he said i should file Domestic Violence and Cruelty on him and cheating case.I recently came to know that he is no more a NRI and he got a foreign citizenship.In this situation can i file any case against him ?

Asked on 6/12/13, 3:32 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client...

yes still you can file against him .. do not delay any further...

for any details mail me at

Read more
6/12/13, 4:08 am
shiv shakner saini saini law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

no need to file a Domestic Violence and Cruelty and cheating case. If you want you may direct go for divorce on the basis of marriage is not consummated and also you never lived together.

if need any hel or free info feel free to call 09587744142

Read more
6/12/13, 11:02 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can seek legal remedies as per law.

Read more
6/12/13, 11:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88283 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now