Legal Question in Family Law in India

Hello Sir, My grandfather has 5 sons and 1 daughter (married). Out of 5 sons, 1st son don't know where he is and the 5th son died. when grandfather died, 3 sons divide the property into 3 by sq.ft ( 900 sq.ft means each 300 like that), for daughter they settled some amount. Out of 3 sons my father has 3 sons(married) and 2 daughters(married on 2001). they are making a plan to sell the house and give them their share. Pls tell me how many shares are there to divide. But as a son I don't wish to sell the property bcoz I have invested money to built this house. My father told me that he never give me my money I have invested when he sell the property. Tell me Sir what can I do?

Thank you

Asked on 7/14/13, 9:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may need to file a civil suit in the local courts. you may want to engage a local lawyer to pursue your remedies.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 10:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now