Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Dear experts,

I am the owner of a piece of land with a national highway on one side and a residence colony on the other side. The residents of the colony already have two paved roads joining them to the national highway. However, they want a direct, shorter way through my land. They are approaching local politicians and the state development authorities to try and get the way opened. I do not want to provide this road. My question is can the authorities force a way through my private land under pressure from them. They already have 2 roads connecting their colony to the national highway. Please advise if any authority can just randomly order a road through private property under pressure

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

27.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

NO, in view of there already being two approach roads from the residential colony to the national highway, the village Panchayat / Municipal authorities cannot randomly order a road to pass through your private property. You should challenge the proposal, should you receive any notice from any Government authority to this effect.

Regards,

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India