Legal Question in Tax Law in India

I am running a man power agency having registration under service tax act. In which I am spending some amount to each employee for his food, uniform, petrol etc but these amounts are not collected from my clients separately .Can I deduct this expenditure from the service charges received and shown in the service tax return? Can I pay the service tax foe net amount only?

Asked on 4/29/13, 12:55 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jeevesh Mehta (Advocate) (Ph Maven Legal- Advocates & Consultants
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. You can not deduct that amount from service charges.


Jeevesh Mehta , Customs Excise and Service Tax Advisory.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 4/29/13, 5:08 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

These can be deducted from your Income Tax and not from Service Tax, as these are business related expenditure.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/13, 6:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Tax and Taxation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now