Legal Question in Consumer Law in Alabama

Buyers Guide Limited Warranty on a used car

Purchased a used Lexus from a Subaru Dealership. Buyers guide was marked with a limited warranty indicating the balance of the factory warranty - drive train 7 years 70,000 miles. Six weeks later, the engine blew. I was still within the 7/70 warranty and had the car towed to Lexus. Found out the origional warranty was 6 yrs/70,000 miles and was informed the car had its engine replaced previously and the new warranty was 12 months unlimited mileage. This warranty expired 2 weeks before I purchased the car. Subaru refused all claims by pointing to Lexus as the warrantor. Eventually, Lexus did fix the car under ''goodwill'', but I want Subaru to take responsibility. Where do I go from here? Does the Magnuson_moss Warranty Act apply to me?

Bobby Lott, Jr. Attorney at Law

Re: Buyers Guide Limited Warranty on a used car

While you may want to have Subaru take responsibility, the problem is fixing damages. You have already had the car repaired, so you have been made whole. It will be tough to get anything further. Had no one repaired the vehicle, then you might have had a better case.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Alabama

Consumer Law Legal Forms