Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

Adoption/parental rights

If a child is legally adopted in Florida and parental rights of the birth parents are terminated, can another state (Wisconsin) reinstate parental rights and grant gaurdianship back to the birth parents? The child now lives in Alabama with his birth parents. ????

Asked on 4/28/08, 10:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Adoption/parental rights

There are too many questions to give you a simple answer. And, as well, there are too many circumstances that may exist, i.e., what custody relinquished? where was the child born? how old is the child? were notifications properly given? At best, if this circumstance exists and a lawyer is not retained or appointed for the parents, then they need to get one. If the case is in Alabama, I handle cases similar and would be interested in working with the family.

Read more
Answered on 4/28/08, 11:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now