Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Arizona

In Arizona, my mom and her friend bought a house together. Her friend died and both names are on the title (manufactured home with DMV title). The home will have to go through probate based on value. Does my mom need a probate attorney or just the beneficiaries of his estate?

Asked on 3/01/10, 7:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald Scher Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The answer depends upon how the title to the mfg. home was held. If it was held in joint tenancy with right of survivorship, then the surviving joint tenant owns the property and now probate is required. If a probate is required, then you should retain a probate attorney, such as myself, to lead you through the process.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/10, 8:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Arizona

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now