Arkansas  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/30/01, 9:39 am

Dying Intestate - Adult Children's Rights to Benefits

I am wondering what happens when someone dies in the State of Arkansas without a will or trust. If the person is married with no ''blood'' children but has children all exceeding the age of 18 from a past marriage, are those children entitled to benefits or inheritance prior to the beneficiary dying? I will assume that the spouse is the beneficiary. Can one of the deceased's children start proceedings? Do the children of the spouse have any right to claim inheritance? Is Arkansas a ''community property state''?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search