California  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/14/08, 4:06 pm

Auto accident

My son was in an accident, he hit a man driving a company truck but was ''off the clock''. My son is 21, works, and goes to school. He is still living with us, his parents. We carry him on our Auto insurence policy. At the time of the accident the man he hit was offered medical attention but declined. The Insurence Co. covered the repair of both trucks. Now the man is claiming neck and back injuries and has hired an attorney and is sueing my husband and I. Hes asking more than our liability. We were no where even near the accident as it was 400 miles from home, and my son is 21 yrs old. Can he sue us just because we are the main policy holders? My son is NOT listed on the deed to our house or any mortages, taxes, ect relating to it. The only thing my son owns is his truck. How am I responsabl for anything that excedes our libilty since I wasn't involved in the accident? Shouldent he be sueing my son?The suit does not list our son. I'm concerned about losing our home. If he does sue our son is it possable for him to get a judgement agnist our house just because my son lives here? Thanks. L

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search