California  |  Juvenile Dependency

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/01/13, 6:34 pm

CPS already removed my children, and my mother currently has them under her care. My mother don't let my kids call me or doesn't answer when I call and leave messages. The Social Worker has given my mother their Social Security Cards and Birth Certificate. Now I'm waiting for court this week which according to the worker that I missed the first hearing. Have my rights been taken away from? This is my 2nd Social Worker and still hasn't given me a Case Plan or Sent me to a program or anything.. But tells me to wait for Court to get there 30 minutes early and request an attorney. If I don't show up to this hearing other than probably losing Custody. Would I be arrested or in any trouble? Or can I go to a Notary and sign over my kids to my Mother?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search