California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/10/08, 6:42 pm

Welfare Fraud

My boyfriend and his wife (in California) have been seperated almost five years. For over two and a half years he had custody of his children in Nevada. In the meantime she was collecting Welfare on the pretense that she had custody of the children. Now his wages are being garnished for the welfare she collected during that period. He had obtained all of the school records for the period that he had the children and submitted them to the welfare department, however nothing has been done to reverse or lower the garnishment. Are there some steps that could be taken to show that she has fraudently been collecting money from California?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search